Thursday, December 8, 2011

Eight


HAPPY DECEMBER 8!

I'm thankful for my mother.  While Mimsy and I do not always see eye-to-eye, through our differences (and surprising similarities), I think we've learned a lot from one another.  Here are a few reasons I thank God for my mom.  

Mom inspired and encouraged my love of good literature.  
(Remind me to tell you the story of "Wait till Helen Comes" someday.)

Mom instigated my love of all things Jewish.

Mom is the smartest woman I've ever met -- I use her as a resource as often as possible.

Mom loves Scripture (and studies) more than anyone else, I'm convinced.  Inspiring.

Mom strives to live a life pleasing to the Lord, and learns more about grace everyday.

Mom pushes me to do my best - in everything.  She volunteered me to sing at church, made me stick with piano during the tougher years, and gave me journals to keep me writing.

Mom learns things, and shares them.  She can't keep it to herself.  What a wonderful and in-depth teacher.

Mom is unintentionally funny.  Sometimes, she gets mad at us for making her little phrases inside jokes, but I hope she knows we do it because we love her.
(Hey mom, can you jag me the remote?)

When mom thinks/believes/knows something, she is convinced of it.

Mom loves my daddy and us, and is such an example for me.

My son, observe the commandment of your father and do not forsake the teaching of your mother; bind them continually on your heart; tie them around your neck.  When you walk about, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you.
Proverbs 6:20-22.

<3 

--For my companion-post on why I am thankful for daddy, click here!--

No comments:

Post a Comment