Friday, December 2, 2011

Two


HAPPY DECEMBER TWO!

I am thankful for our jobs.  In a tough economic time for our nation, when so many are out of work, Kevin and I have been blessed with two amazing jobs each.  

I am thankful for Starbucks, the awesome, hilarious and fun partners there, and the benefits that Starbucks provides its employees.  Health benefits, yes.  But also free pounds of coffee, partner discounts, and all the drinks I could ever want while I work.  I'm thankful for conversations, for caring individuals, and for the fun customers.  

I am thankful for the preschool where I work as an afternoon aide.  I love the kids, love developing relationships with them and their parents, love the gals I work alongside, and love getting to use some of my teacher-education.  I love doing a bit of what I know I'm meant to do.  I love the stories I have from my ridiculous kids and their imaginations.

I am thankful for Kevin's job at the Habitat for Humanity Re-store.  I am thankful that it's not a night shift, it's not down the mountain in Denver, and that it's flexible.  I love that he loves his bosses.  I love that he feels like he's contributing to society and helping to make peoples' lives better.

I am thankful that Kevin's job at Habitat allows him to focus on his calling and job as part-time youth director at our church.  I love that he loves those kids and desires to see them grow into adults that love and serve God and His church.  I love that we get to share our biblical education with these middle and high school.  I love that I get to plan a Christmas party.  I love that we're going on a youth group retreat.  I love that we're going to go on a mission trip to my beloved Camp Beechpoint.  And I love that Kevin's set all of it up.  I love that we get to work closely with Sam and Andrea, two of our new and dear friends  who are about to be married and enter into the same stage of life as us.  I love that we get to cultivate relationships like this.  And that Kevin will be getting financial compensation for it.  

God has truly blessed us, and I am so thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment