Monday, December 5, 2011

Five


HAPPY DECEMBER FIVE!

I'm thankful for practical (and practicable) theology.  Today, a few fellow Idaho Spgs Starbucks partners and I drove down into the city to volunteer with other Starbucks partners at a food bank.  As I placed cans of corn and peaches into the boxes that passed me on our assembly line, I prayed for the families that would be receiving the boxes of food we were putting together. 

All I could think was:

If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warm and filled," 
without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
James 2:15-16

'Come you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared 
for you from the foundation of the world.  
For I was hungry and you gave Me food,
I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, 
I was a stranger and you welcomed Me,
I was naked and you clothed Me, 
I was sick and you visited Me,
I was in prison and you came to Me.  
...Truly, I say to you,
as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, 
you did it to Me.'
Matthew 25:34-36, 40

So I had the opportunity to honor and serve Christ by serving those in need.  How much more basic can you get?  And I am blessed by blessing others.

2 comments: