Sunday, December 18, 2011

Seventeen/Eighteen


HAPPY DECEMBER 17-18!

17. I'm thankful for books.  I love to read.  I love it.  I love falling into a story like Harry Potter plunges into Dumbledore's pensieve.  I love the feeling of books: smooth covers, turning rough pages, ink that sometimes rubs off on my fingers if I'm clutching the book a bit too tight.  I love experiencing the different stories, and concurrently learning the lessons the characters learn.  I love that after thousands and thousands of years of literature, there are still creative souls expressing beautifully their stories.  I'm thankful that we have the freedom to express and read.  That books are free to exist as living souls, with rights, sanctity.  (Do not support, purchase, use ebook readers!) 

18. I'm thankful for sleeping in.  Not setting an alarm.  Waking up to the smell of the coffee Kevin made before he left for work.  Laying sprawled out on the bed while I check my Facebook, email, play a little solitaire on my iPhone.  Lounging in my bathrobe till noon.  Having nothing to do but straighten up a bit.  Let's do this again tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment