Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Six


HAPPY DECEMBER SIX!

(Just think of this as one of those days you forgot to eat the chocolate on its exact day in your advent calendar.  It happens!)

I am thankful that attitude is a choice.  Today (well, yesterday) was full of... inconvenience.  I was irritated.  Things just didn't seem to go right.  I wasn't having what, classically, you would call a "good day".  But you know what?  Attitude is a choice: not dependent on your circumstances.  I do not need to be 'manipulated' by seemingly inconvenient situations; I can have control of my emotions. 

I like little sayings like the ones below.  They can help to make a bad day better.

To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy... is to set our own conditions to the events of each day.  To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.  --Ralph Waldo Emerson.
An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.  An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.   --GK Chesterton.  
Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined.  Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.  --Shakespeare. 
We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.  --Romans 8:28.
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  --2 Corinthians 12:7-9.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  --1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. 

1 comment:

  1. I like to keep track of inspiring quotes/pictures...check it out. :) http://pinterest.com/pspicer/hope-is-a-thing-with-feathers/

    ReplyDelete