Friday, December 16, 2011

Sixteen


HAPPY DECEMBER 16!
Tell me these cards aren't the cutest things you've seen this holiday season...

I'm thankful for notes of encouragement.  One of my goals for this year was to stay in touch with friends (near & far!) via post.  I've been able to keep that up with at least two of my dear friends since moving out here to CO.  And today - joy of joys! - I received one such note from this precious soul.  I cannot express how much I a) enjoy getting mail, b) delight in my friend's beautiful mind, and c) need to hear the things she has to say.  I miss her, and treasure the little taste of what we had in honest prayer and conversation on the bottom bunk in our room last year.  I love being loved, and loved well.

Do yourself a favor and send someone a card this Christmas.  Not just a sign-your-name-at-the-bottom-of-a-cliche-Christmas-message type of card.  A personal one.  Encourage someone.  Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment