Monday, December 19, 2011

Nineteen


HAPPY DECEMBER 19!

Today, in reaction to the news of Kim Jong Il's death, I'm thankful for freedom.  
In America,
I have the freedom to celebrate Christmas.  
I have the freedom to praise God publicly.  
I have the freedom to write a blog and express my religious/political/creative ideas and beliefs.  
I have the freedom to vote for my nation's leader.
I have the freedom to be dissatisfied with my nation's leader and speak my mind about it.
I have the freedom to choose my career.
I have the freedom to listen to/watch/read anything I can get my hands on.
I have the freedom to travel - across state and national borders.
I have the freedom to marry whomever I choose and have as many babies as God gives me.
I have that freedom.
While our nation is by no means perfect, I thank God for the freedoms we enjoy!

Watch this to see one of my favorites sing of freedom 
(a la the underrated Christmas classic: Holiday Inn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment