Sunday, March 25, 2012

stuff my kids said [3/23]

This edition is dedicated to one of my favorite five-year-olds.
Wednesday was his last day, and no one told me, so I didn't get to say goodbye!  :(

Anatomy:
Guess what I love to make you strong?  MUSCLES.  I love muscles.
Pronunciation:
My bike goes berry sast! ("Very fast!")
No I amn't!  (A contraction of "am not" -- I think she's onto something, personally.)
...Twenty-eight, twenty-nine, twenty... 3D! 
Coloring:
Holy cow you're good.   It takes practice, hon. Yeah, you start like a baby, just scribbling.  And then you get gooder and gooder and gooder and gooder and then you get good like Miss Anna!
My triangle looks like a little Santa hat. 
That yellow's a little dirty.  Well.  That's just the way God made it, I guess. 
Epiphanies:
Hey!  Excuse me!  I spelled my whole name!
You're not a teacher, you're a girl kid!
Definitions:
'Serious' means she doesn't really know me, or something.
Do you know what 'extinct' means?  It means all your skin rolls off and it's just bones.  You can't touch extinct animals - they're scratchy claws.
Reality:
Anyway, I like popcorn.  EVERYONE likes popcorn.  Besides, who doesn't like popcorn?
Who is it? A dad with really big nose hairs (said by another kid).  Is it my mom?
I have a bunch of rocks for my mom and they're shiny.   
I get tired of running and running and running... ME: You can sit down and rest for a bit!  Ok, thanks! 
I'll tell you how tall T-Rexes are with my hand.  THIS tall. 
I'm so hungry that I want to eat the trees. 
My birthday is far away, in California. 
That's smaller than a baby?  YUCK!  Babies are disgusting! 
Geography, a conversation:
I live in the mountains! I live in Africa!  Well... I mean, Greyfox Drive.  It means a grey fox.  They are so cute. 
 Putting shoes on the right feet:
If I was a big girl, and I had them on, I'd have them on wrong!
Compliments:
Are those your sunglasses, Miss Anna?  I like the design.  The frames look like they're from a volcano. 

2 comments:

  1. this all made me giggle!! The little girl I nanny for also uses the contraction "amn't" i don't understand why it isn't grammatically correct.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess! Kids are... adorable. And basically I'm paid to be entertained, right? And change diapers, deal with attitude, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete