Friday, September 16, 2011

i was imagining today

I was imagining today that I'm a grandma, telling the grandkids the story of me and Kev.

We met
became friends
he protected me
I asked him out
we had a great time
I had a conversation with God
our paths didn't cross
I dated someone
he hung out with other people
a semester passed
some prayers
(and heartbreak)
we remet
we were blessed under a chuppah
we went out for coffee
we watched LotR
a first kiss
he called my daddy
we dated exclusively
I lost some friends
he lost some friends
he asked me to the spring formal
we looked awesome
a picture was taken
a look was exchanged
he knew
I knew
the semester ended
I flew to a summer in Texas
we got to talk to one another for an hour every Saturday night
that's it
he flew down for less than 24 hours
we sent letters, otherwise
we grew
back to PBU
we grew
Christmas break
talked on the phone
decided marriage needed to/could happen
he got the ring from my daddy
asked me, under the chuppah
one awful summer apart
we grew
more heartache
tears
a semester of guidance, counseling and further friendship
we got married
the most perfect day
lived in a one-room box for five months
graduated
up and moved to Colorado
settled in there
lived 
and loved
and enjoyed God and one another
forever and ever after.

3 comments: