Sunday, August 7, 2011

random quotes dump

"I'm not ADD, I just- Oh! Look at the boats!" 
-Kevin Trivits.


"Rejoice in the Lord always, and I say again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Be anxious about nothing, but by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4:4-7.


"Vengeance was his and he gave me back my life."
-Javert, Les Miserables.


"Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear, and Grace my fears relieved."
-John Newton, Amazing Grace.


"Oh the devil's singing over me an age-old song, that I am cursed and gone astray.  Singing the first verse so conveniently over me, he's forgotten the refrain:  JESUS SAVES."
-Shane and Shane, Embracing Accusations.


"This cake is... America!"
-Paul Miller.


"Why do she be so mad at me for?"
-Kanye... or... Shakespeare?  ;)


"It's really hard to goosestep when wearing flipflops.  And THAT'S why you don't see many hippie Nazis."
-Austin.


"Hey Austin!  Remember the joke?" ...obnoxious laughter...


"To denounce Jane Austen to an audience of English teachers is self-destructive behaviour." 


"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!"  
-Monty Python's Flying Circus.


"We have no other choice but belief."  
-Dashboard. 


"You wanna fight for this love, but honey you cannot wrestle a dove."
-The Shins.


"But I don't want comfort.  I want God, I want poetry.  I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness.  I want sin."  
-Brave New World.


"...And, when he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all will be in love with the night and pay no worship to the garish sun."
-Romeo and Juliet.


"...So either by thy picture or my love/Thyself away thou art present still with me/For thou not further than my thoughts canst move/And I am still with them, and they with thee...." 
-Shakespeare's Sonnet 47.


"I'm not lost... I just don't know where I am!"  


"I can't hear you over all the fun I'm having!"  


"Nothing beats good pizza like buffalo chicken pizza."


"When life hands you sloppy joes... take advantage of it!"


"Love sux only when your heart is broke from the person you love."  
-On the wall of the girls' bathroom at a local high school.  Poignant.


ME - (to a friend in class) "Do you know how many people are after me?"
FRIEND - "Anna, we've been through this! No one is after you!  Quit being so paranoid!"
ME - "Um.  No.  I mean, after I do my presentation, how many more people have to go?"


"If he have faith, the believer cannot be restrained. He betrays himself. He breaks out. He confesses and teaches this gospel to the people at the risk of life itself."
-Martin Luther.

No comments:

Post a Comment