Sunday, September 16, 2012

tune up

I'm out of alignment.  I ought to see a chiropractor - apparently, for "tune ups" - for the rest of my life to consistently be readjusted.  Made straight.

This is the first post I've written in a few months, and I realize that all too often I feel the need to blog when something's up.  Something wrong.  Something I've got to process.  Sometimes journaling and praying don't cut it when I have to process actively.  

And it's because I'm out of alignment.  I need readjusting.  

My back, yes.  
My heart, also yes.

Not many people know that I went to counseling my freshman year of college.  For depression.  So much healing took place in that office, on that couch, pouring out my struggles to what may as well have been a complete stranger.  At the end of that year, I felt whole.  Put back together.

Over the next five years, big things have happened in my life.  Good and bad.  Relationship ups and downs.  Periods of peace in feeling the gladness of God, and dry spells.  Little by little, emotionally, I drift out of being perfectly aligned.  Each jolt in the road disturbs my vertebrae.  

Do I allow time for myself to be restored?  Do I devote proper time to the things in my past that still require dealing with?  Daily allowing the Lord to redeem my mistakes, my hurts?  Do I still trust in the truth that I've learned to trust and believe as truth?  

I need to be realigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment