Monday, October 10, 2011

i had a phase

I had a phase when I:

-only wore green earrings.

-only wore mismatched socks.

-didn't brush my hair (that phase is still in action.)

-didn't wear makeup (only recently started again... for student teaching, I didn't want my students to think I was tired all the time!)

-only read fiction.

-felt a calling to live in a ditch with my pig and my horse to help people who had broken down on the side of the road (that... was when I was seven.)

-wanted to be called Toby.

-dressed like a boy.

-dressed like I put outfits together in the dark (that phase... may still be a part of my life)

-would play Moonlight Sonata for hours and cry.

-listened to Dashboard and nothing else.

-drank all tea and no coffee (wowie, can it be believed?)

-wanted to believe in Santa.

-drew creepy and quasi-Gothic pictures with the greatest black pen in the world.

-would stay up reading Little House on the Prairie (et al.) under my covers with a flashlight.

-wanted to be a sporty girl.  (I tried soccer and track, not successfully.)

-listened to my parents' conversations at the top of the stairs - way past my bedtime.

-worried about death and tragedy before falling asleep every night.

-was obsessed with Lord of the Rings.

-played a game with my best friend in elementary school about medieval men and women (we were the only two characters, but would sometimes be men) with a little French Revolution thrown in for good measure.

-was really shy.

-would straighten my hair every day.

-aspired to be a singer (and comforted myself in scary situations that God wouldn't let me die because I needed to sing one day.)

-jumped on the trampoline every day with my brothers (mostly, Austin - aka Hasenpfeffer.)

-played Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego like it was my job.

-didn't like to listen to other people.

-read more than any other activity.

-was a lifeguard.

-didn't eat anything but popcorn and s'mores poptarts.

-wore Etnies shoes.

-tried to dance.

-stayed up till 3 am every night.

-saw Facebook as a valid means of socializing and meeting new people.

-my job was my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment