Thursday, July 7, 2011

srsly?

Kevin and I are trying our hand at selling some extra furniture on Craigslist. Pretty simple. Take some pictures, put ‘em up online, wait to hear from some people, sell sell sell. Apparently, some people don’t get the concept. Or, maybe they just set out to make our lives a little more confusing today. Take a look at the incompetence ridiculousness “interest” of the lady who contacted us about the dresser we’re selling.
This is a bit how it went: —Kev and I are in bold, the lady is in italics.
MONDAY
(Email) 8:19 PM
I would like to purchase this dresser. I have cash and a truck on Wednesday. I will purchase. Please call or text if I don’t answer I work in day. (###)###-####.
(text) 10:09 PM
I’m the person selling the dresser on craigslist. Wed is good. What time would you like to pick it up?
(text from here on out) 10:36
Afternoon. And is there anything wrong with it like tracks being off? It is the dark espresso with modern handles right.
10:38
It’s $100 only right?
10:50
There’s nothing wrong with the tracks. Yes on the dark and modern handles. Yes only 100. There is a small crack on the side but it’s not big. Very sturdy piece.
10:50
Ok b there n Wednesday. Please note I have might be late just Bcos I’m not sure of schedule but I will be there…with cash and I have truck.
10:52
K. Can u send me another pic….how tall is it.
10:53
It’s about five ft. I can’t send one right now. I’ll try and remember to do that for you tomorrow.
10:54
Oh that’s a good size… Cool. I’ll see u Wednesday.
10:54
Great.
TUESDAY


6:54 PM
Ok so what is ur address….
8:02
[Address] It’s a very small street, and we are the only apartment on the street. so call me when you turn onto it.
8:36
Any idea what time?
10:20
Hopefully morning around 11 12
WEDNESDAY
5:57 AM
Good morning. Is there anything I should know about the beautiful dresser before I get there….I do look forward to the morning trip and…
6:23 AM
Pretty straightforward. It’s big and solid with a small crack on the one side. That’s the only setback I could find.
1:00 PM
I’m sorry.
1:01
Are you no longer interested?
1:02
I don’t want it cracked. Sorry mg husband made the final call..sorry…
1:03
No problem.
1:28
My huSband asks would u drop the price.
1:45
We are entertaining best offers. There is another person interested. I’ll let you know if it falls through and we can work something out.
7:14
Do you have a price in mind for the dresser?
7:16
Please tell me. Just let me know.
7:17
Sixty?
7:18
Can u send another picture
7:19
I will when I get back to my place.
7:32
K. That will b good. Send me pic I can com n get tonight.
8:38
The puncture is about three inches total. Here’s a picture. It’s just on the side of the dresser. [picture’s pretty dark, but you can see the crack]
8:40
I am sorry its all black. I can’t see
8:42
[New pic, with a flashlight over the cracked area]
8:43
Put light to it. Please.
8:44
I just held a flashlight up to it. Did it not turn out ok?
[resent pic, lighting up the cracked area]
8:45
No. Sweetie that’s a big might spread…sorry.
8:49
You can’t tell from the picture, but it’s actually not a structural problem. It’s a thick piece so it won’t spread, but it’s fine if you’re not interested.
8:50
It is in the back right
8:58
No, the side.
8:59
My hubbies said no. He would tale it it were on the back. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. are you serious????????????????? aaahahaha did you die? My fav. part is "Is there anything I should know about the beautiful dresser before I get there….I do look forward to the morning trip and…" after you've already told them everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggghhhh - such a dumb dumb lady. I almost wanted to just stop responding to her after a while, except we REALLY wanted to get rid of the dresser. Haha. Yeah, she was a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol good luck! don't let it deter you -- i use craigslist a lot and never have had that happen! i did one time have lots of questions but the person emailing back only responded to one question, so then i started asking one at a time until they answered them all. it was super weird. x's and o's p.s. i'm glad you put all this on blogger -- i was sad not being able to post on your other thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We've had a lot of interest in the stuff we're selling, but people always think we're IN Denver as opposed to 30 min outside... and then they lose interest. Or. Something. But we sold a bed frame yesterday for $150 and were pretty excited about that!!! Thank you for the encouragement, and I'm glad you're able to comment now, too!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete